Duties and Responsibilities:
- To observe and implement Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statement.
- Conduct safety induction for employees and maintain records.
- Conduct on job safety training and ensure tool box talks are carried out and maintain record of such talks.
- Instruct and communicate employees Hazards associated with the work activity.
- In coordination with Department Manager / Engineer develop risk assessment for major tasks and suggest preventive actions to minimize / eliminate the risk.
- Prepare weekly report / monthly report (which include accident statistical data) and submit to QA/QC Manager.
- Investigate near miss / incident / accident in coordination with the line management and ensure that a written report is prepared and forwarded to QA/QC Manager.
- Organize Safety meetings and play vital role in discussing safety issues with the line management. Prepare and circulate the minutes of meeting.
- Conducts special inspection for scaffolds, fire appliances, ladders, power tools, and verify third party certifications and other competency documents for machineries such as cranes, scissors lifts, hoists etc.
- Arrange and ensure emergency signs and other caution sign boards including assembly point signs are placed at respective locations for information.
- Ensure good housekeeping maintained at work areas. If not, advise the concern verbally and in reports to do the needful.
- Advise the shop management of any motivation scheme for creating safety awareness and safety violation to prevent unsafe acts and conditions.
- Computer Literacy: Ms Windows’s applications (Excel is essential), Point and Excellent Presentation skills.
- Responsible enough and knowledgeable with standard norms of safety, capable to inspect, assess evaluate and administer safety work environment.
- Pro-active & Strong leadership