- Holding Weekly toolbox Safety meetings.
- Participating in Safety inspections for their areas of responsibility.
- Enforcing all Safety rules on all subordinates.
- Being familiar with first-aid treatment procedures.
- Indoctrinating new workers on the job hazards and precautions to be taken.
- Reporting to the HSE Manager technical on a regular basis with regards to Safety matters and report / advice project manager for how to work safe.
- Reporting to project manager Administratively.
- Providing an effective program for communication of Safety Policies, rules, practices, training and education.
- Preparing and signs the Monthly Safety reports.
- Carrying out Safety inspections to plant and equipment.
- Checking that construction activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Issuing Site Inspection Reports to the Project Manager, Site Manager, Section Managers, Superintendents and Sub-Contractors on unsafe conditions and practices.
- Following-up and rectifying as necessary by taking action, Maintaining close liaison with the relevant staff of Sub-Contractors with regards to Safety.
- Conducting Safety training and awareness to employees and Sub-Contractors.
- Keeping up-to-date with Legislation, recommended Codes of Practice and new Safety literature; circulates relevant and updated information to employees to refresh Safety knowledge.
- Ensuring that the appropriate Management Personnel are advised on matters relating to Safety of the works.
- Supervising the recording, reporting and analysis of information on injuries, damages and losses.
- Bachelor’s degree is Must.
- 7+ years in HSE department.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- ·Previous experience in a similar role/environment is essential.
- Qualification in occupational health and safety, NEBOSH Preferred.