In accordance with local legislative requirements and company’s policies and procedures, responsible for safety matters relating to the implementation of the work requirements of the Project.
- Advise the Safety Manager / Project Management Team on;
- Preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
- Further improvement in existing sound working methods.
- Legal requirements affecting safety, health, and welfare.
- Provision and use of protective clothing and equipment.
- Potential hazards on new contracts before work starts and on the site safety organization.
- Methods of safe working arising from new developments.
- Carry out site surveys, in association with the project management Team, to ensure that only safe methods of working are in operation and that all regulations are being observed.
- Determine the cause of any accident or dangerous occurrence and recommend means of preventing recurrence.
- Supervise the recording and analysis of information on injuries, damage and loss, assess accident trends and review overall safety performances.
- Assist with the safety induction and training of all levels of employees on the Project
- Promote awareness of injury prevention and damage control to all levels of employees.
- Provide feedback on new policies or procedures adopted
- Maintain contact with authorities, officials and professional bodies.
- Keep up-to-date with recommended codes of practices and new safety literature and circulate information applicable to each level of employees.
- Other duties as directed
- Certified by the Saudi council of engineers.
- Conversant with legislation, rules and regulations related to SHE, e.g. OSHA, EQA.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in both English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Priority for Saudi National
- Degree/Diploma in any Engineering/ Safety & Health field.
- Certified member of NIOSH.
- Have excellent planning and organizing skills with the tenacity to follow through on planned activities