The National HR Officer will be based in Cairo, Egypt Regional Bureau, and will provide operational support to 17 Country Offices belonging to this region. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall regional oversight in terms of data quality in the WFP corporate HR systems, HR data analytics, and reporting for the region. The incumbent will also build the capacity of the HR community within the region on WFP Corporate HR systems.
The incumbent will be expected to deliver a professional, client-focused HR service, maintain a strong partnership with a variety of stakeholders within the HR function and with clients in the region, and have a passion for details, analytics, and reporting.
The successful candidate will deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitates the effective functioning of client-focused and strategy-oriented regional HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Act as the HR focal point for regional reporting & analysis. Analyze and present data (with trends), reports, insights, identifying errors, and advising on solutions.
- Design and deliver presentations and conceptualized dashboards related to HR Analytics (workforce analysis). Develop and compile regional HR dashboard.
- Supervise data quality and integrity in the SAP system for the region. Schedule reporting to ensure data is validated across WFP systems. Analyze potential areas of improvement.
- Lead the regional Local Process Expert (LPEs) community. Provide guidance and support to the LPEs on complex system issues. Establish regular communication mechanisms (webinar, teleconference) to share knowledge, achievements, guidance. Monitor LPEs’ community engagement.
- Proactively address and resolve outstanding error’s in WFP’s HR systems, provide guidance and advise on potential capacity-building opportunities within the respective geographical area of the LPE.
- Onboard new HR joiners in the region to ensure HR teams are proficient in using HR systems (WINGS), in carrying out important transactions, analyzing and reporting accurate HR data.
- Provide refresher training on HR systems to the users (WINGS and PASport)
- Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, HR systems, HR reporting mechanisms to support improvements in HR services.
- Analyse and respond to various internal and external system queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Analyse system implications of the newly announced policies/procedures, develop training materials as required, and deliver training sessions to the regional HR community to ensure a clear understanding of the innovations and consistent application across the region.
- Regional project lead for new WFP self-service (WSS) initiative. Coordinate and collaborate closely with the HQ (Headquarter) project management team to launch the new tools to the regional HR community.
- Regional focal point for HR GSMT ticketing system. Respond to internal queries as required for the GSMT tool.
- Regional project coordinator for ongoing HCM (Workday) project a cloud-based software that specializes in Human Capital Management. Also, engage and provide the required training to the regional HR team.
- Creating curriculum of systems training and delivering to regional HR team as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Statistics, or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and training/courses.
- Three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources.
- The nature of the job requires the incumbent to be proficient in MS365 applications, and have advanced skills in general MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher) in TABLEAU software.
- Should have experience and knowledge in dealing with HR data management systems and the ability to analyze data, and extract reports with a keen eye in able to spot errors.
Knowledge & Skills:
The incumbent is expected to be client-oriented, well organized, and able to analyze data, spot errors, and produce reports.Tech-savvy, agile, proactive, and a quick learner who is able o find creative and innovative solutions to an assigned task with a passion for details and who is constructively willing to challenge the status quo for the purpose of improvement and optimization.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.