- Maintain complete knowledge of:
-Dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, proper table setups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code
– Restaurant reservation procedures
– Daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP’s
– Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
– All department policies / service procedures
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate reservation or cancellation changes to management as they arise throughout the shift.
- Monitor the preparation of own assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu’s, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure that the hostess stand is cleaned and organized.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat Guest accordingly to floor plan / being fair to each waiter.
- Show guests their table which has been designated to them
- Ensure that the guests are pleased with their table.
- Present the open menu to the guest.
- Ensure that the tables are set to the best service of the guest.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle waiting lines.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following instant pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guests’ reactions and confer frequently with management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and participate to ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to the department procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working conditions of own section equipment and supplies.
- Assist restaurant staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guest: when requested.
- Promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and quality.
- Do table visits systematically at each meal period to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Promote F&B Outlets to each customer in down time.
- Successful completion of the training process.
- To assist the Supervisor to ensure proper cashiering procedures are followed and accurately balanced.
- To assist in Menu printing.