Health & Safety Manager |AFGRE| Dubai,UAE
- Ensure best quality of Health Safety and Environment & security services is provided within AFGRE-DFC in a competent manner and to maintain the operation within AFGRE portfolio safely.
- Highlight any Health, Safety, Environmental and security concerns within DFC immediately to Sr. Management for remedial and immediate action.
- To provide sound recommendation and advice related to Facilities Management activities and ensure that operation adheres with local HSE legislations and international best practices.
- To provide support in creating a Total HSE culture within the organization
- Provide risk assessment of activities that may potentially create a health hazard.
The duties of HSE manager will include but not be limited to,
- Coordination and communication with AFGRE management and ensure that Dubai Festival City HSE and security requirements are understood at all levels
- To plan, direct and supervise the HSE functions and activities within Dubai Festival City and UAE commercial and residential portfolio.
- To develop and establish an HSE & security management system and ensure its implementation
- To develop HSE & security procedures and policy related to AFGRE-Facilities Management operation. Actively manage, control and ensure compliance with the highest level of Health and Safety throughout the City.
- Liaise closely with authorities, suppliers, main contractor , sub-contractors to ensure safety compliance and conclusion of HSE matters within DFC
- Development of tailor made HSE training for AFGRE FM staff
- Maintain ISO certification.
Technical and Professional
- To promote a “Best Practice” through benchmarking and communicate the results to management for assessment.
- To establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for HSE where trends are measured “Root Causes” identified and improvement programs implemented
- Ensure all HSE and security records are maintained.
- Evaluate HS&E and security incidents and draw mitigation plan to reduce the risk.
- Assist in Developing a Business continuity plan
- Ensure all HSE contractual requirement are adhered and submitted as per stipulated timeline.
- Liaise with Service Provider Management on all issues related to HSE.
- Conduct HSE coordination meeting to evaluate contractors HSE performance
- Create a risk register to be updated periodically.
- Evaluate risk assessment and approve and enforce Work permits related.
- Collate relevant information and produce reports for AFGRE management to advice on status of any pending issues.
- To represent AFGRE at all HSE management meetings either internally or externally
- Ensure that method statements & risk assessment have been reviewed and that critical activities identified have been “Risk Assessed” and that relevant inspection and test plans are attached and endorsed by the relevant authorities
- Ensure that all services provided to the clientele and to the service partner adheres with the outmost consideration of Health and Safety Standards both locally and internationally.
- Lead stakeholder in developing a total HSE culture.
- Carry out audit to ensure the business and service providers are within the adopted standards and put a corrective action to ensure compliance.
Coordination with Local Authorities in relation to HSE and security related matters.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent
- NEBOSH Certified
- HSE knowledge and experience within a dynamic community environment
- ISO certified (ISO 9001,45001& 18001) auditor
- Fluent in English & Arabic
- 5-10 years relevant Health and Safety Experience in Facilities Management or Engineering Industry
- Computer skills including spread sheet, word processing programs and word processing programs and email at highly proficient level
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Can do approach to work
Behavioural Competencies :
- Ethical behaviour
- Culturally sensitive
- Professional Knowledge
- Innate HSE initiative