AlOthaim Markets is seeking a highly skilled, results-oriented head of strategy management unit to provide overall leadership and management for the build of a newly established strategy management unit. This position provides senior management an oversight to AlOthaim’s strategy and transformation planning. This position combines skills and experience in strategy and budget management, creation and monitor of impact to ensure a properly designed and aligned strategy.
The Position: The Head of the Strategy Management Unit will report directly to the head of transformation management department and work closely with all AlOthaim Vice Presidents and rest of TMD units. This position will be based in Riyadh.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy management leadership
- Supporting the development of long-term organizational strategy including
- Conduct periodical strategic assessment including market trends, competition, benchmarks, and internal assessment.
- Identifying threats and opportunities with key recommendations
- Provide management, leadership, and vision to build the new strategy management unit
- Coordinate with Senior Management to create strategy management processes and systems to ensure effective strategy management for AlOthaim transformation plans.
- Direct the activities and allocation of resources across the Strategy Management Unit
- Provide strong and effective strategy support to vice presidents and their team prioritizing impact and projects.
- Build a Community of Practice for Good strategy Management across the organization
Strategy Management Design and Compliance:
- Monitor adherence to strategy policies and procedures across the organization
- Lead the alignment of strategic objectives and KPIs to departmental level and ensure synergy between departments’ strategies.
- Lead strategic prioritization including targets and initiatives priority
- Lead the strategic planning process including the design of key selective strategic initiatives (business case development and initiative cards).
Strategy (Transformation) Reporting and Monitoring:
· Develop strategic and transformation reports including key findings, projections and recommended actions to enable decision making.
- Establish tools and systems to track strategy impact.
- Support and guide senior executive decision-making processes
Capability and capacity building:
- Building capabilities and promote strategy management best practices.
- Create a healthy environment to promote professional growth and development of our delivery calibers at all levels within the unit
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct supervisees, and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
- Degree in business or related field, MBA preferred.
- Experience in (grocery) retail is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting or strategic planning.
- Excellent understanding of business operations, procedures, and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Outstanding research and analytical abilities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Mastery of building and delivering presentations including compiling story using PowerPoint
- Mastery in doing complex analysis using data and excel sheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.