Head of Operations & Cruise (Zahid Travel Group – ZTG)
SECTION I: PRIMARY PURPOSE
- Directly responsible to lead the Operations teams in all destinations across the Kingdom for the effective management of Operations across KSA, ensuring consistently superior levels of customer service in order to enhance the company’s image, business opportunities, market share and retain/attract talent as a preferred employer of choice.
- Will be responsible for the set-up of systems and procedures, including health & safety to ensure consistent quality of service delivery levels throughout the Kingdom.
- Accountable for the Cruise business segment from business development to service delivery, including complete P&L responsibility for this segment.
SECTION II: PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with the GM and external/internal stakeholders to actively pursue growth and expansion opportunities for the company whilst optimising resources to increase profitability.
- Effectively recruit, train, coach, motivate and mentor Team to empower them to deliver incredible holiday experiences and be an award-winning team
- Responsible for the operating performance and achievement of the Operations unit’s revenue targets and profitability set for the financial year, as well as for the budgeting and effective utilisation of overhead expenses, manpower resources and any capital expenditure.
- Directly responsible for the Cruise segment P&L. This will entail client sourcing and retention, product development and service delivery for ground operations and Shorex.
- Responsible for the contracting of all operational requirements including vehicles and equipment. A careful balance is required between the high quality of products and competitive pricing, in order to satisfy both clients’ expectations and the competitiveness of the company’s products, while ensuring strong supplier relations.
- Actively and permanently pursue the improvement of productivity and performance in the Operations section to ensure that: (1) employee performance and motivation is consistent with established standards; (2) Costs are kept under control and within budgets, to maximise revenue; (3) Unit costs are maintained or reduced. These measures will encompass both the organisation structure of the section and the optimised use of systems, in liaison with the Digital Transformation Manager.
- Ensure optimum service delivery by all destination units within the Kingdom, to further enhance company image and to gain market share. The related development of operating standards will cover all products and services, including both the back-office functions and the delivery of services `in the field’.
- Actively pursue the improvement of safety measures in all aspects of Operations, in order to: (1) minimise the company’s exposure to accidents and potential liability, for both staff and customers; (2) comply with strict overseas consumer protection laws; (3) further improve company’s image as a leading DMC in this respect.
- Establish and manage contacts at the highest levels with local authorities, government officials and suppliers, in order to enhance company image and facilitate the operation of large or special projects and to maintain edge over competitors.
- In liaison with the various units, constantly seek to develop new experiences and products for Cruise Lines, Tour Operators, MICE and Domestic audiences, for both luxury and mid segment.
SECTION III: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & APTITUDE
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
- University Degree in Travel, Business Management, or any related course.
- In-depth knowledge of the functioning of all units within a Destination Management Company
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the tourism and cruise industry, and destination knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy skills specifically MS Office Application i.e., MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Fluent English, Arabic proficiency will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have at least 10-15 years of relevant operations and cruise handling experience including managing teams, with at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant management position.