We are seeking a motivated head of Iridium services Manager, Business Development IOT & New Business to join our team. You’ll be responsible for leading the development of key new prospects, programs and securing new business for Iridium Services. In this role you will apply your proven abilities as a team player while effortlessly shifting to an individual contributor to identify and close valuable new business for MEL. You will connect with current and potential clients in meaningful ways to effectively demonstrate MEL’s value through the company’s network, service and technology offerings. You will succeed in this role if you are a motivated, high achiever who is energized by opportunity and challenge.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver new sales and business development including account prospecting, qualification and lead follow-up within assigned sales territory to achieve or exceed assigned sales quota/product mix objectives.
- Play a key role in contract negotiation, proposal development, technical support, customer service, installation and customer training activities.
- Prepare account plans/proposal strategies and assume responsibility for the implementation of plans
- Support existing accounts and grow their business by carrying out regular strategy planning meetings, delivering training of new products and services, and ensuring accounts have access to the necessary Iridium support tools to effectively sell our products and services
- Work closely with our sister partners to create, implement and monitor marketing plans and ensure that their business operations support requirements are satisfied
- Plan and participate in technical/product presentations/demonstrations/trade shows
- Prepare status reports on activities; recommend potential areas of business and new/enhanced products to management.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Must be capable of independently meeting with and briefing those outside of team
- Demonstrated experience in solution sales, enterprise business opportunity assessment, preparation of customer proposals, negotiation of customer agreements and project implementation management.
- Successful track record of carrying and meeting sales quotas and objectives
- In depth and sound understanding of wireless communications capabilities and services is preferred
- This opportunity requires a “hunter” approach to sales, suggesting the following qualities: articulate, confident but not arrogant, high integrity, results oriented, enthusiastic, self-starter – desire to win, team orientation; no lone rangers, the temperament to follow through to completion, tenacious, persistent, entrepreneurial – desire to win and innovative.
Experience & Education Requirements / EEO
Things You Must Bring to the Table:
- A strong understanding of the Iridium network
- Experience in the satellite, communications and/or terrestrial networking industry,
- 5+ years of experience in direct or indirect sales leadership.
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table:
- Enterprise & Channel Sales and business development.
- Experience with IOT, data sales, embedded development a plus.
- Experience with channel sales, indirect sales and channel management required
- Strategic business thinker with superior analytical skills.
- Persuasive, strong relationship builder with excellent networking skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of communications network technologies, including cellular, wireless, wireline, IP networking
- Knowledge of embedded device design, engineering, integration, an advantage