- Consumer behaviours towards car buying are rapidly changing due to technology driven trends and the disruptive business models. In Al-Futtaim we are on a journey to transform our businesses to enhance value chain and provide relevant and frictionless customer experiences.
- Mission of the newly created new business models and acceleration department (NBA) is to build the portfolio of the future by doing businesses that Al-Futtaim Automotive has not done before by exploring M&A, Joint Venture, partnership and incubation opportunities in UAE and internationally.
- NBA department is responsible for assessing innovative business ideas and potentials, gathering market data, define target companies/businesses and formulize business cases leading into proactive investment proposals.
- Head of Growth is responsible to build the investment roadmap by identifying priority segments/companies, define the investment strategies and developing market studies. Through comprehensive reach out plans and external discussions, together with the GM NBA, Head of Growth creates business concepts and investment cases in the automotive space.
- This role will work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment and collaborate with internal and external strategic partners to detail out the partnership and financial models. Ideal candidate should have leadership experiences in high growth new business automotive projects and/or start-ups experience.
Key Responsibilities: Develop Investment Roadmap:
- Identify and evolve the target segments and technology trends to achieve the growth strategy
- Manage the external partnership discussions to develop new business concepts
- Collaborate with the network development and intelligence department as well as the external parties to evaluate the competitive landscape across the proposed markets and the expected evolution
- Evaluate the initial market potential of incoming partnership proposals
- Coordinate the Auto investment committee and the steering group activities
- Prepare the reach-out plan to identified target companies
Create strategic business and financial plan:
- Lead the further development of the market potential study by reviewing initial assumptions, gathering detailed input from subject matter expert internal departments and accessing the existing data/studies of the priority companies
- Create a working group with the priority companies and relevant internal departments to evolve and finalize a detailed business case, including Capex and Opex requirements
- Define and propose the type of partnership model is required to make the business case work
- Align with finance on the formation of commercial business plans and financial analysis and engage with Legal on current contractual constraints/new contracts and advise on M&A options
- Create a multiplier effect plan on how to vertically integrate the new businesses to the core and existing AFA operations
- Coordinate the projects sign-off processes/meetings to get internal approval
- Business or Finance University Degree – MBA highly preferable
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- 10 year+ experience in strategy, new business development and partnership responsibilities – ideally within the Automotive industry
- Previous experience in high growth start-up highly preferable
- Experience in closing big M&A and JV contracts
- Ability to develop investment business case, financial modelling and due diligence activities
- Team management and cross functional team lead experience
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication with strong ability to network
- Strong interpersonal, team building and negotiation skills
- Attention to details