SECTION I: PRIMARY PURPOSE
- Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Sales & Marketing / Commercial functions to include sales teams, developing business plans covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence throughout the Kingdom.
- Maintain high levels of professional conduct at all times. Given the nature of the post and the anticipated rapid growth of the country and wider region there will be element of travel both in country (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and abroad (Middle East)), where applicable.
SECTION II: PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Personal Duties & Responsibilities:
As Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for the delivery of the following personal duties & responsibilities:
- Maximising existing and new sales for the company’s services, through establishing and maintaining relationships with customers via personal contact, presentations and meetings or telephone etc. and provide data regarding changes required in the service / product to meet customer needs / standards.
- Identify business opportunities by qualifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options: including market and customer information to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery, and customer specifications.
- Oversee, identify, and manage all Requests for proposal (RFP) process from inception up to the review and submission approval by Managing director.
- Responsible to ensure the mobilization of new contracts with the assistance of operations teams and HR, as well as on-going update provided to the MD and clients.
- Responsible to insure the quarterly and yearly budgeted revenues guidelines are met.
- Up-sell services by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions including providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; profit and service improvements.
- Identify service / product improvements or new services / products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor landscape.
- Maintain both professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Strategic Duties & Responsibilities:
As Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for the delivery of the following strategic duties & responsibilities:
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel (soft & hard services sales team) towards the achievement of corporate sales targets and objectives.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development, and product/service knowledge development.
- Work closely with HR on ensuring adequate manpower sub-contractors are aligned and contracted for use as needed.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales team. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy in the sales teams’ planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and partners within the company.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and providing leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
SECTION III: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & APTITUDE
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
- University Degree in Business, Marketing or Economics (or equivalent relevant industry experience).
- Postgraduate Degree / Diploma in Management or related discipline is an advantage
- Proven and demonstrable record of new sales within the facilities management or equivalent sector(s)
- Excellent network in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia Facilities Management and Manpower industry and connections with key decision makers across all (strategical, tactical and operational) levels
- Budget, Sales Target and Project preparation, planning and forecasting
- Sales Proposals, Commercial (contract) Agreement and Bid (RFI, RFQ & RFP) response, preparation and writing
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills to address many internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in both English and Arabic
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a direct sales capacity or part of a wider sales / commercial function