KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads the Project Maintenance Team’s Contracting activities in issuing ITT, execution of the EPC contract and coordinates input with Legal and other Major Project Groups / PMT functions as required.
- Preparation of ITT packages and coordination of tender process with Supply, integration, and legal.
- Preparation, development, and management of EPC Contract / Contract documents including coordination of full contract scope definition.
- Evaluating EPC contractor’s technical bid and making appropriate recommendations to Shareholder with respect to acceptability of Contract terms and conditions.
- Administering the EPC Contract, documenting and recording all changes, progress measurements and payments, management of claims, monitoring of bonds/guarantees, preparation of contract modifications and closing out the contract.
- Assist with the review and negotiation of project change requests submitted by EPC Contractor
- Take the lead in preparing contractual responses to the EPC Contractor
- Interface with EPC Contractor in resolving Contractual related issues
- Works in highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.
- Works in an evolving business environment where opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis adding additional complexity and workload to the existing project environment.
- Works in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost, and schedule performance which requires that incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Law or Engineering or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business and risk management including project controls, cost, and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and 3 years of supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as Head of Controls for mega projects.
TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)