Plans, directs, organizes and coordinates the overall activities and functions of the Clinical Engineering Department and subordinats to achieve its mission, goals and objectives and to enhance its existing systems, process, and productivity.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Plans, organizes, directs and monitors all departmental strategic and operational functions and activities.
2. Directs and supervises departmental section leaders. Coordinates their activities to ensure effective departmental service delivery.
3. Supervises all departmental administrative duties.
4. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, conferences, professional affiliations, etc. to ensure departmental activities conform to the rapidly developing healthcare technologies field.
5. Responsible for developing, modifying and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
6. Liaises with external agencies, contractors, sub-contractors, manufacturers and vendors to assure that contractual obligations are observed and that the KFSHRC receive proper value and service in accordance with these contractual obligations.
7. Responsible for preparing and maintaining departmental budgets. Prepares long range operational plans for the department. Ensures proper allocation of departmental resources and that proper inventory of supplies and materials can be determined.
8. Acts as a resource to other KFSHRC departments programs in matters related to the operation and technical support of applied healthcare technology, and provides advisory and consultative services, as required.
9. Ensures that JCIA, CAP, ECRI, Saudi Ministry of Health and other applicable regulatory, guidance and safety requirements and standards are maintained.
10. Participates in self and hospital’s quality improvement plan preferred.
11. Perorms special projects and related duties as assigned by Executive Director.
12. Chairs and/or serves on committees, as delegated.
13. Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
14. Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
15. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Ph.D., Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Cilnical or Biomedical Engineering or related field required.
Seven (7) years of related experience with Ph.D., ten (10) years with Master’s Degree or twelve (12) years with Bachelor’s Degree with at least three (3) years in a related senior, supervisory or managerial Capacity.
Valid License from Country of origin.