The purpose of the Hair Stylist role is to prepare performers’ hair style to suit production requirement and to oversee hair continuity during shoots.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work within the hair & make-up room to ready presenters and guests for their on-air broadcast.
- They will also be required to stand by in the studio and on set to readjust hair styling to maintain an air of continuality in both look and vision.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of available hair care products whilst also keeping work areas and equipment clean and tidy
- Administer hair and scalp treatment if required.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to minimise unpleasant side effects from the use of hairdressing techniques
- Will take direction from the Creative Manager and Senior hair & make-up artists.
- Maintain awareness of health and safety issues and legislation.
- Must demonstrate and implement a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colours and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin.
- Ensure continuity in make-up whilst also liaising with the Creative department to ensure the overall on-air look/effect is consistent and coherent
- Follow and implement the channels on-air style guide, look and direction agreed upon by management.
- Must have a genuine interest and knowledge of television hair styling and be up-to date with new hair-styling techniques, materials and products.
- Good communication and people skills
- A tactful manner
- Stamina, patience and concentration
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good punctuality and reliability
- A willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A good understanding of studio lighting & on-air high-definition broadcast quality.
- Excellent familiarity with hair products & techniques
Qualifications & Experience:
- More than 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- A hair stylist is expected to have a Level 2 qualification in media hair and make-up or an equivalent qualification/ experience.