Responsible for establishing a centralized procurement management in the group with a clear strategy in relation to purchasing goods and services, and providing high quality and cost efficient resources through forming long term partnerships with strategic service providers, vendors, contractors, and suppliers that have been identified with solid selection criteria.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure proper execution of procurement function strategy, strategic objectives, contract management policies and procedures, Procurement approaches to mitigate supply risks.
- Perform annual budgeting activities for procurement function through collaborating with the other different business units to capture their annual procurement requirement.
- Identify and propose strategic plans leading to saving opportunities across the group by performing thorough analysis on submitted procurement needs from the business and providing cost efficient procurement sources.
- Define the annual procurement plan, to ensure proper execution.
- Develop the prequalification process aiming to create a solid up-to-date database covering sourced service providers, vendors, contractors, and strategic suppliers.
- Establish performance assessment tools for service providers, vendors, and contractors, to ensure these vendors are always up to our standards.
- Enhance Bulk Ordering Mechanisms and processes and establish continuous alliances with strategic partners, to ensure sustainability of the business.
- Handle end to end relationships with service providers, vendors, contractors, and strategic suppliers including but not limited to negotiating contractual terms, contractors and suppliers’ contracts management, and prices, in order to build continuous partnerships.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Ensure continuous communication with IT department to establish integrated procurement systems with the group’s ERP system.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure development of specifications for tools, equipment, material, or services, and establishment of cross-checking measures to ensure performance of conformity and pricing checks.
- Coordinate with the legal advisors (internally or externally) to obtain clear guidelines in any contractual matters.
- Build the team’s capabilities by ensuring ongoing on-the-job training, coaching, and regular 1:1 feedback to maximize their potential and capitalize on their strengths.
- Identify training needs for the team to ensure their continuous development and boost their performance.
- Cascade down the company’s strategies and individual KPIs to the team properly to ensure awareness and ownership.
- BSc degree in Business Administration, or equivalent.
- PMP Certified is preferred.
8 – 10 Years of Experience in the same field.
- MS Office
- ERP Systems/Dashboards
Fluent English and Arabic (spoken & written)