Graphic Designer Group Leader | IKEA | Dubai Festival City | Dubai
Overview of the role
To lead, develop and inspire the Com&In team and other store functions in securing that store
communication completes and amplifies the shopping experience and range presentation through IKEA visual and verbal identity thereby contributing to building consumers’ perception of the IKEA Brand in the local market as unique and consistent.
What you will do
- Lead, inspire and challenge the Com&In team and other functions in the store to strengthen the uniqueness and consistency of the IKEA identity in store communication.
- Lead the process of planning and implementing store communication to ensure that it conveys the benefits of the IKEA Concept, completes and enhances range presentation by using proven solutions, best practices, guidelines and national directions.
- Develop, implement and evaluate store communication strategies that support a convenient shopping experience by using the knowledge about life at home and shopping behaviour in the local market.
- Actively support in developing the department action plan with store communication initiatives that are focused on growing the business and support long-term profitability and execute agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Actively contribute in the network of store Graphic Communication Leaders and share proven solutions, best practices and guidelines with the Com&In team in the store.
- Set clear expectations and standards regarding routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other store functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Secure high standards for good visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing all store communication.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, communication and retail design trends in order to support the Com&In Manager in facilitating workshops to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise store visitors through the IKEA visual and verbal identity.
- Secure succession planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
Required skills to be successful
- Ability to combine and identify commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Ability to create a trustful and creative environment.
- A natural ability to move smoothly from assessing the bigger picture to seeing the small details.
- Build trust and communicate clearly with different people and groups of people in various situations.
- Good analytical and strategic skills and the ability to steer the store business over the short-, mid- and long term.
What equips you for the role
- Education and experience in graphic communication design, media and typography.
- Proven success in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes.
- Experience of visually expressing a brand identity.
- Commercial and visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Experience of working in a fast retail environment.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain concepts verbally and visual interpretation.
- Set and implement action plans over a number of years, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow upgoals.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of available time and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Experience of problem solving.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production tools.