The position includes full financial P&L responsibility for the business unit. Position requires the effective management of engineering resources and manufacturing activities. Commercial responsibilities include maintaining customer relationships, identifying new product opportunities for the R&D funnel, and working with sales management to drive international and domestic market growth.Departments and functions include Safety, Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Management and Production Scheduling. The position requires continuous improvement utilizing Lean concepts and problem solving to streamline processes, methods and practices, while developing personnel & capabilities in order to profitably meet customer requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for driving a safety culture that results in an injury-free workplace.
- Responsible for all production and engineering work processes within Business Unit for both internal and external customers.
- Utilize Lean & Six-Sigma techniques to drive continuous process and product improvements.
- Manage all staffing and human resource matters in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Establish incentive objectives and measurements for all employees.
- Work closely with customers, suppliers, and employees during all phases of a project, as required.
- Develop personnel skills and abilities through mentoring and formal development plans.
- Work with purchasing, as required, to improve supplier product quality, delivery, and to continuously reduce cost.
- Work with the COO to develop annual Operational Strategic Plans and Annual Budget with timely implementation of key objectives.
- Responsible for business unit financial results including profit growth, as well as for delivering department performance to budget.
- Generate and maintain department performance metrics.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field: MBA a plus
- Ten years of operations experience, preferably in a Steel & Glass manufacturing environment.
- Five years of commercial experience, sales strategies, planning and execution.
- Prove track record of successful sales and income growth.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Prior experience with profit and loss financial responsibility/business unit management.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Possess understanding and experience in the design and manufacture of machinery.
- Working knowledge of ERP and MRP business systems.
- Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to customer service.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Work effectively as team leader.
- Ability to facilitate and make decisions.
- Must maintain a valid passport and have the ability to travel both Domestic and International
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and abide by our Corporate Fleet Policy