An exciting new opportunity has come up for a well experienced General Manager to help manage the operation of a newly set up factory in Ajman. Reporting to the Company owner, the job holder will have the following responsibilities.
– manage the manufacturing element of the organisation ensuring high quality business activities with maximum efficiency, service and profitability for the organisation.
– ensuring that the team understands that the organisation’s profits and achievements are reflected in all its operations and activities – including relationships and risk management
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– the smooth running of the manufacturing organisation and team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– assist Line Manager in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organisation plans
– maintain overall organisation responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related manufacturing legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable e.g. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Best Practice Guidelines, ISO certification
– manage, direct and monitor the overall performance of the manufacturing organisation
– effective liaison, support and assistance with the whole of the organisation
– maintain and improve mechanisms for manufacturing and all organisation activities, including surveying and measuring the manufacturing operations, process, outcomes and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– utilise agreed systems to manage the organisation’s functions, analysis and documenting
– direct the development of plans for the organisation to achieve targets
– developing plans for the organisation’s progress and growth
– support to all other departments in matters related to manufacturing, e.g. procurement of materials
– subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve targets
– assist in the development and preparation of the strategy and general business planning of the organisation as a whole.
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– set an example for team members of commitment, manufacturing process expertise, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers
As the company is still on a set up stage, it is important that the job holder will be very hands on and has a good grasp in creating various processes and standards including setting strategies for the business operation of the factory.