We are looking for an Operations Manager/Coordinator who comes from a manufacturing background in high end interior fit-out and loose luxury furniture with the following responsibilities :
- Initiate and propose strategic plan for factory operations in the Company, defines the critical success factors and ensures after approval by the Board, the achievement of the vision/targets by setting and maintaining the correct focus for the organization.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Translate broad objectives to specific goals for the various functional units resulting in effective and efficient implementation plan for factory operations.
- Ensure preparation of Operations Budget in line with developmental goals to ensure consistency in profitability and growth for the Company
- Implement and maintain the factory operations strategies to deliver the customer service objectives working functionally with Project Management/Commercial
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customersТ expectations
- Organize workflows to meet specifications and timelines and implement methodology to measure due date delivery performance
- Evaluate production schedules to plan team structures and development
- Oversee the pre-production meeting to implement strategies to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Develop and maintain production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety
- Review production practices and equipment: make proposal for improvement to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Ensure that items/ product produced by the production team always meet quality standards
- Monitor products standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that cost of rework is reduced /eliminated
- Appropriate health and safety procedures are in place and applied rigorously.
- Build strong rapport with the production team through open communication, promote a positive, safe, productive, and efficient work environment
- Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
- Provide overall guidance and direction to the business, particularly for factory operations, as well as, direct reports and project team members
- Bachelor degree in machinery , wooden industry or any related field
- Experience with fit-out contractors / manufacturers on high quality projects
- Well versed in interior fit out, and furniture manufacturing
- Manufacturing background in high end interior fit-out and loose luxury furniture
- Previous experience at famous and fantasy furniture production factories is a plus
- Mature outlook with strong personality and ability to work with a multicultural workforce.
- Eastern European Nationalities is a plus