- Understanding design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures
- Designing tools for systems to meet business needs
- Delivering technical visualisation of proposed application architecture to your technical lead
- Contributes to best practice system and application design
- Designing, coding and testing programs and scripts from agreed specification
- Ensuring agreed standards and tools are in place to achieve a well-engineered product
- Conducting releases to production environments and setting up post release reviews
- Analysing release components
- Takes part in reviewing own work and leads reviews of colleague’s work (unit testing, code review)
- Supporting team members with technical challenges while following best practice methods
- Contributing ideas and experience to new development solutions
- Provide support in development processes and techniques
- Maintaining knowledge of specific specialisms (e.g.: Python, ReactJS)
- Developing specialist knowledge of database concepts and data modelling techniques.
- Analysing data requirements to establish, adapt and maintain data models.
- Close cooperation with development team and business to carry out builds and testing
- Experience working in a similar position
- 3+ years experience working as a python developer (Django Stack)
- Experience using build tools (Docker)
- Management of Linux Services
- Good understanding of database design and management
- Solid understanding of code versioning
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science or an IT related field.
- Postgraduate qualifications in an IT related field.
- Microsoft Certifications.