As a Front-End Developer at Deriv.com, you will take care of our application development with a strong focus on improving the user experience. You will advocate for clients’ needs when implementing new products and features on our web applications.
- Develop and maintain advanced features, tools, and applications according to best practices in UI/UX, front-end development and hybrid mobile application development.
- Test and debug our ever-evolving product line to improve their speed, scalability, and usability across multiple browsers, devices, and web standards.
- Research and test new web technologies and make recommendations on opportunities to improve our user interface.
- Ensure the design and development of each product is consistent with our style guide, and that everything works as planned with each release.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to understand the big picture of the organisation and its goals.
- Collaborate regularly with researchers, designers, and developers on the implementation of new features and products.
- Provide technical leadership, leading by example throughout the development process.
What we’ll give you
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Medical insurance
- Housing and transportation allowance
- Casual dress code
- Work permit
We’re Deriv.com. We’re all about trading. We’re the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was 20 years ago. We’re still going strong. More than a million traders from around the globe have trusted us with their money. We work across continents so traders can get trading simply, from anywhere, at any time and every time. Be part of something big. Join us.
You’ll be part of our Front-end team, where we build the client-side of our web applications by translating UI/UX design wireframes into a user-centric web experience. We advocate for our clients’ needs and we collaborate with other teams to implement an engaging user interface for our trading platforms.
Location: DMCC, Dubai
We are proud to announce that Deriv (DMCC) has been recognised as a Great Place to Work in the Middle East in March 2022, based on our employees’ feedback on a Trust Index™ Survey. Our Dubai office is a Great Place to Work®-Certified company.
This certification is a badge of honour that validates the employee experience and the workplace culture we have built for our people.
Established in 1992, Great Place to Work® is the global authority on building, sustaining and recognising high-trust, high-performing workplace cultures.
- Experience with package managers (npm), task runners (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt), CSS processors (Sass, Stylus), and APIs (WebSocket)
- Extensive knowledge in advanced coding techniques and cross-platform development
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Familiarity with testing and debugging processes, including unit testing and UI testing
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
- Knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience in responsive and mobile web design
- Good grasp of user experience and user interface design
- Familiarity in search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Knowledge of back-end technologies