Creative Fragrance Perfumery Lab Robot & Sampling Coordinator
A Robot & Sampling Coordinator for our fabulous Creative Fragrance Perfumery Lab in Dubai, and providing essential support for both our Fine Fragrance and Fragrance Consumer Products development teams supporting our customers in the Middle East & North Africa markets – Your future position?
Fragrance is at the heart of Givaudan. We have a rich history of creating fragrances that strike an emotional chord with consumers. We are inspired by our rich heritage and our contribution to defining the evolution of the trends over time. We create scents that shape people’s lives.
Our Perfumery Lab in Dubai provides critical lab and analytical support for our creative fragrance development teams for consumer products and fine fragrance categories, helping Givaudan provide unique fragrance solutions for our customers in the Middle East & North Africa markets. The Robot is one of our automated systems in the Perfumery Lab that helps us fast-track the compounding of fragrance oils and samples.
We are hiring a ‘Robot & Sampling Coordinator’ to support our increasing project pipeline and expanding Creative Fragrance Perfumery Lab in our Regional Creative Centre in Dubai. You will be based in our Dubai Media City office and report to the Creative Fragrance Perfumery Lab Team Leader.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, Givaudan has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. Our passion is to collaborate with customers and partners to develop game-changing innovations in the food & beverage, fragrance and beauty industries. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to your daily job.
Sounds interesting? This could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a real passion for the world of fragrance & perfume, always aim to exceed customer needs, and provide value.
In this exciting role, you will –
- Interact with internal stakeholders to define project priorities
- Differentiate between trial and commercial fragrance samples, check the raw material feasibility, interpret correct formula quantities, delegate formulas to Lab Assistants based on priority and ensure timely delivery of finished oils.
- Equally, distribute the formulas to the Lab Assistants and optimise their workload, ensuring the individual targets are achieved.
- Feed the interpreted formula beakers in the Robot without any delay.
- Be aware of the basic functioning of the Robot system – test composition, calibration, and restocking.
- Support with troubleshooting for any basic technical issues with the Robot system.
- Ensure strict compliance with all the safety norms and practices of the Perfumery Lab through proper maintenance of equipment, safe work culture, and good housekeeping (5S).
- Responsible for safely handling chemicals and raw materials for the Perfumery Lab. Be updated on the raw material Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Keep track of daily robot KPIs and support for monthly reporting.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Currently already based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry.
- 3+ years of experience in the fragrance industry. Prior experience in fragrance applications or compounding is desirable.
- Prior experience working with the COBRA/Contexa Robot system is advantageous.
- A good understanding of the lab documentation protocol and handling of lab equipment and chemicals.
- Knowledge of applications like MS Office (Word & Excel), SAP, etc. is preferred.
- Has a basic olfactory skill and no known allergies to chemicals or fragrance raw materials.
- A good team player and comfortable with diversity.
Our benefits –
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development.
- A creative team environment that will inspire you.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Private health insurance for self and eligible dependents*.
- Support for children’s education*.
- Annual flight ticket allowance for self and eligible dependents*.
- Performance bonus*.
(* As per company policy)