Supervisor in furniture and fixtures manufacturing supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who manufacture furniture and fixtures made of wood, metal and other materials.
This person must perform the following duties:
· Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble furniture and fixtures of any materials, operate woodworking machines and finish furniture to specified color or finish.
· Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
· Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
· Requisition materials and supplies
· Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
· Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
· Prepare production and other reports.
· On site supervision while installation.
· Maintain order and quality control on production
· Resolve any conflict between workers
· Coordinate with administration and report daily
· Ability to read and comprehend furniture drawings
· Team leader
· Ability to work under pressure
· Detail oriented
· Previous experience in carpentry
· Precision in work
· Organization skills