Taste & Wellbeing Food/Application Technologist (Sweet Goods & Savoury) for the Maghreb region
A Food/Application Technologist with the global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of our Regional Taste & Wellbeing Creation & Application team leading the Sweet Goods & Savoury categories and supporting our customers in the Maghreb region, while being based in our Casablanca office – Your future position?
The Taste & Wellbeing Creation and Application (T&WCA) organisation within Givaudan is at the forefront of discovering and developing new innovative ingredients and flavours for all kinds of food applications focusing on Beverages, Sweet Goods, Dairy, Bakery, Snacks, Savoury, Natural, and other exciting categories. We are a truly global organisation consisting of multidisciplinary experts from science, creation, application, and sensory science.
Application Technologist’s in Givaudan are specialists whose primary goal is to support customers by providing them with suitable flavours for their applications and guiding Flavourist’s in the flavour development process. To do so, Application Technologists analyse current flavour trends, forecast future trends, assess consumer preferences and apply flavours to end applications.
We are currently expanding the T&WCA team and hiring a ‘Food/Application Technologist’ to focus on the Sweet Goods and Savoury categories for the Maghreb region, which includes key markets in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and Malta. Reporting to the Taste & Wellbeing Technical Manager for the Maghreb & West Africa region and based in our regional office in Casablanca, you will be a key player in our T&WCA team.
You will mainly be responsible for evaluating and applying flavours in food applications for Sweet Goods and Savoury, including bakery, confectionery, processed meat, cheese, canned spreads, sauces, soups, and noodles, and selecting the optimal flavours for customer projects in the Maghreb. You will contribute to our business growth by continuously demonstrating to our customers in the Maghreb the use and benefits of our flavours in Sweet Goods and Savoury applications. You will proactively and reactively work on internal and customer briefs and develop bold ideas to help our customers bring consumer preferred and differentiating products to the market.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, Givaudan has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. Our passion is to collaborate with customers and partners to develop game-changing innovations in the food & beverage, fragrance and beauty industries. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the Maghreb region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to your daily job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, can deliver value, are skilled at fostering excellent relationships, have a strong passion for food technology, and have a highly discerning palate!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
Providing technical support for our customers –
- Responsible for all technical communications with customers in the Maghreb region for Sweet Goods and Savoury applications to contribute to winning briefs and successful delivery of projects.
- Develop concept presentations and present flavours and flavoured ready-to-eat products to customers.
- Work with our customers to optimise their recipes.
- Support our customers in trial productions of new recipes or implementing solutions from Givaudan.
- Do customer visits, present ready-to-consume products or support customer trials.
Evaluation and selection of flavours –
- Apply and evaluate flavours for Sweet Goods and Savoury applications for relevant briefs.
- Proactively monitor flavour performance and stability.
- Select optimal flavours for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.).
- Prepare state-of-the-art flavoured products and samples for customer presentations and capability demonstrations.
- Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies.
- Translate market trends into new product concepts and developments.
- Support the development and implementation of new technologies by working with the broader teams and Innovation Centres within the region and the wider Givaudan.
- Support marketing initiatives and train our commercial force and customers on our new capabilities.
Knowledge sharing and expertise –
- Serve as a technical expert and advisor for Sweet Goods and Savoury applications to the marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with our key customers and gain their trust and respect.
Maintain systems –
- Actively maintain the flavour performance data for the flavour portfolio by evaluating finished products and capturing profiles.
Prioritise safety –
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organised lab environment in accordance with Givaudan safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world!
Your professional profile includes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Food Technology. Advanced studies or certifications will be advantageous.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience focussing on either or both the Sweet Goods & Savoury categories, in a food application lab, R&D or a production facility, with a Flavour house or a reputed company in the food or ingredients sector.
- Experience in industrial product development and leading customer projects will be advantageous.
- Have a strong passion and interest for new flavours and foods with well-developed tasting skills.
- Have excellent project management and presentation skills.
- A good awareness of market trends.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in the English language. Proficiency in additional languages like Arabic and/or French will be advantageous.
- A team player and comfortable with diversity
- Able and willing to travel to support customers in the Maghreb region when required ~10-20% of the time.
- Attractive package with benefits.
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development.
- A creative team environment that will inspire you.