Are you passionate about foods and beverages? Do you continue to dream about a job that provides opportunities always to discover new tastes and senses? Then, you do not want to miss this exciting opportunity!
Givaudan is a global leader in Fragrance & Beauty and Taste & Wellbeing. We celebrate the beauty of the human experience by creating for happier, healthier lives with a love for nature. Together with our customers, we deliver food experiences, craft inspired fragrances, and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions that make people look and feel good.
We currently have a unique part-time opportunity for you to join our Taste & Wellbeing Consumer & Sensory Insights team in Dubai as a ‘Food & Beverage Taster’. Together with other Food & Beverage Taster’s in the team, you will help Givaudan to further craft, shape, and create winning and exciting Food & Beverage solutions for our customers and their consumers.
What can you look forward to?
- A fantastic opportunity for long-term collaboration with a growing organisation and to contribute to a meaningful purpose.
- Access to unique sensorial trainings and knowledge to help you become a competent Taste and Sensory evaluator.
- Satisfy your desire to engage your weekdays ONLY part-time.
Your typical day!
Are you someone who wants to be part of the unique food-tasting community in the UAE with us, grow, and become a go-to food & beverage evaluator? It could well be your perfect part-time job opportunity if you are committed with energy, time and drive to reveal your hidden sensorial talent!
- Taste, smell, and assess food and beverage products at our Sensory Studio in the office according to agreed protocols and standards – you will be given proper training on product tasting when you join our Food & Beverage tasting team.
- Produce tasting results within an agreed timeframe.
- Work with a broader Food & Beverage tasting team.
- Attend tasting sessions at our office 3 hours per weekday and up to 3 days per week every month – flexibility will be available to not attend during Ramadan, other national holidays or planned session breaks over the year.
- Work location: Concord Tower, Media City, Dubai, UAE. The office is next to the Palm Jumeirah Tram station. Paid and free public and private car parking spots are available nearby.
- Paid on a per hourly basis for each completed session, and payment will be made to you together after every 4 weeks.
What do we need from you? What are the key requirements to be considered?
- A strong passion for food and beverages.
- Open to everyone with or without any academic degree.
- Already living in the Dubai emirate in UAE and am comfortable commuting to our office location.
- Already have a valid UAE residence visa through a parent/spouse sponsorship or other valid UAE residence arrangements that will also allow you to work legally – Givaudan will not be able to provide you with visa sponsorship.
- We need your time, sensory ability, and long-term working commitment with us (not for months but years!) – Should be able to commit to regularly coming for 3 hours per weekday and up to 3 days per week every month.
- Oral proficiency in the English language.
- Has no dietary allergies or restrictions and is comfortable tasting all types of safe food & beverage products and samples, including those which might sometimes be non-vegetarian, non-halal, and non-kosher.
Sounds interesting? Please apply now to join our Food & Beverage tasting team in Dubai! Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the office for sensory screening tests before selection and confirmation.
1. While submitting your formal interest online, you will be asked to include a mandatory attachment. You can either attach your updated CV if you have it handy or else attach an image of your favourite food or beverage.
2. During the online submission of your interest, you will also be required to complete a few mandatory basic questionnaires, which will roughly take 10 mins of your time, to help us better understand you and your interest and get back to you in 2-3 weeks.