– Formulating financial, catering, and marketing policies and strategies
– Appointing the right people for the right job
– Preparing a budget for the department consulting departmental heads.
– Planning menus for various outlets in consultation with Chefs.
– Designing and implementing sales promotional activities to achieve the revenue target.
– Analyzing competitor’s strategies and their market share.
– Keeping the staff updated on the latest trends in the Food & Beverage sector.
– Controlling all three elements of costs- food cost, labor cost, and overheads.
– Scheduling a training program for all the staff of the F&B department.
– Ensuring the predetermined quality of dishes and services offered to guests is maintained.
– Maintaining a very good rapport with guests.
– Implementing hygiene and safety standards.
– Monitoring performance of the department.
– Investment decisions on equipment procurement, expansion of food and beverage outlets, and so on.