DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON’T HAVE RETAIL/SUPERMARKET EXPERIENCE
A Floor manager’s role is to run a store successfully.
Working on the shop floor you have to be in constant contact with their customers and staff.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the staff gives great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Must have the initiative to increase the current sale
- Rigidness and Strict policies with staff working below them
- Full responsibility for stock value
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Managing budgets
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Preparing promotional materials and displays
Key skills for Floor managers
- Excellent IT skills
- Numerical skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organizational skills
- Commercial awareness