Fire Protection Engineer|AFET|Dubai,UAE
Overview of the role
The design and estimation of fire fighting, fire alarm and central battery system.
What you will do
- Review the scope of work & tender document in compliance to specification and civil defence requirement.
- Preparation of bill of quantities, detailed cost estimates and hydraulic calculations
- Site survey and attending the technical meeting with the client and consultant and raise RFI.
- Send RFQ for equipment/materials, suppliers subcontractors & prepare technical evaluation sheet.
- Participate in Cost Variance analysis and invoices.
- Review of technical submittal.
- Providing technical support to sales engineers and other team members regarding the estimation process, assisting project managers and contractors regarding bid analysis.
- Assisting the design team in developing and reviewing the shop drawings.
- Keeping track of the latest developments in estimating procedures
Required Skills to be successful
- Must have relevant technical hands-on experience in system design and estimation of Fire fighting, CBS and fire alarm system
- Multitasking ability, team working abilities and good verbal and written communication.
- Strong technical knowledge
- Strong analytical and data analysing skill.
- Maintain relationships with all team members to ensure the participants consider they have actively contributed to the project’s success.
What equips you for the role
- Engineering Degree Holder – Mechanical
- Must have Civil Defence Licence
- Knowledge of MS Office EXCEL, WORD, PPT etc
- Knowledge of NFPA and UAE Fire Code
- UAE driving license.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in design and estimation of Firefighting, suppression, water mist, fire alarm and CBS system.