Assist in the proper maintenance and operation of fire / safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, alarm systems, fire hoses, sprinklers and elevators.
- Takes charge, is decisive and gets things done to agreed standards, with minimum supervision and follow up. Stretches to manage difficult situations & maintain professional relationships, even when under pressure. Dependable, especially in a crisis!
- Takes initiative and goes the extra mile to improve the internal and/or external “customer experience”. Resolves issues fairly – with ‘head & heart’. A ‘go-to-person’ for internal/ external customers to resolve issues.
- Anticipates and prepares for the future to ensure agreed results are delivered; proactive in identifying and leveraging opportunities and/or preventing/ resolving problems which could reduce quality or delay the delivery of results.
- Reaches out and collaborates with direct reports/ team members, other teams and departments to help the company win. Takes responsibility for his/her tasks on the team. A positive, professional influence at work – people enjoy working with him/ her.
- Challenges the ‘status quo’ and contributes ideas which measurably improve team/ department efficiency and/ or effectiveness. Encourages and supports new ways of thinking/working. A ‘creative problem solver’ for the team.
- Does what is right, in the right way – in all circumstances. Raises concerns and seeks help when he/she observes/ is aware of activities/ behaviours contrary to company policy or values. Supports others who need help, to do what’s right.
- Ensures professional knowledge/ skills/ behaviours are developed to overcome existing or anticipated challenges at work. Actively seeks and receives feedback positively, using it to grow. Helps others with their professional development.Operational
- Inspect and test fire protection and / or detection systems to verify that such as systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations and standards.
- Troubleshoot and / or arrange for the repair or replacement of defective fire / safety equipment.
- Assist in inspecting the property facilities for compliance with pertinent life / safety and fire-safety standards as mandated by the government ordinances.
- Respond to all mechanical, electrical and structural systems emergencies to assess fire / safety or life-safety threats.
- Maintain the operation of emergency generators and report problems to appropriate personnel.
- Replace faulty smoke detectors and report any problems to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with the monthly inspection of fire extinguishers.
- Complete clock time change twice a year to accommodate daylight savings time.
- Disables and re-enable fire panels as directed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him by the Fire & Safety Manager and the Chief Engineer.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all sensitive matters relating to the business in general and Maintenance Department
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- All Fire / safety risks are reported and resolved.
- Mall safety, fire and emergency procedures are effectively implemented.
- Perform physical activities that include indoor and outdoor work.
- Work under pressure and within time constraints in the event of an emergency.
- High school diploma with a fire / safety certificate
- 3 years of experience in fire protection and / or detection systems
- Good in MS Office
- Good in English – Basic Arabic