Lead and direct all financial activities for Client and its Group companies including Budget, Accounting and Financial analysis, recommendation to the GM/ CEO and BOD regarding profitability and new ventures.
- As an active member of the core management team, to provide critical inputs to developing the company’s strategy for growth from a finance perspective.
- Plan, policies and practices
- Develop plans and recommend practices and policies in accounting and responsible for the proper financial controls of the business and ensure acceptable and sound fiscal planning.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all financial data and reports required by the GM/ CEO for review of the financial position of the company. This includes the monthly consolidated management accounts and the quarterly financial statements and other financial information for the annual report.
- Direct the preparation of the returns and reports as required by law and the regulatory framework and ensure timely and accurate reporting. Act as the focal point for all external financial reporting
- Team Development
- To mentor/ direct and develop the finance team and maintain high morale of the team to ensure company’s objectives are achieved.
- Ensure the team is updated on any developments from time to time pertaining to IFRS, taxation laws and any other relevant reporting guidelines and standards.
- Communicate the budgeting process, requirements and schedules to all plants/ group entities in-charges to ensure timely completion and presentation of the financial plans and budgets.
- Consolidate and summarise the budget information for presentation to the Executive Committee and Board.
- Budgetary control
- Review the performance of the business against budgetary estimates and report periodically to concerned users. Analyse variance and report the same in the monthly management report.
Payments & Cost control
- Provide the GM/ CEO and members of senior management with relevant data to facilitate control over expenses and initiate cost savings and control measures.
- Control over payments and banking transactions
- Approve payments/ release of payments and banking transactions in accordance with the authority limits.
- Vendor queries
- Maintain relations with important vendors and contractors and respond to their queries and liaise with them for resolution of issues of payments etc.
- Ensure integrity of the financial system and controls and act as the custodian of systems.
- Co-ordinate with external auditors for timely completion of audit and serve as the focal point for providing information as required.
- Provide required information and ensure timely completion of internal audits.
- Develop and implement plans, policies and procedures for providing the financial resources to conduct the business. In co-ordination with the GM/ CEO determine the optimal source of financing and lead the negotiation of long term and short-term financing.
- Negotiate and renew insurance policies for assets. Work with the HR function for renewing life and medical insurance policies for the employees
Qualified Chartered Accountant/ ACCA with at least 10-12 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- Any other matter entrusted by the Board/ GM/ CEO.
- Ensure effective resource utilization.
- Ensure effectiveness and deployment of Management Programmes.
- Responsible for the compliance with all financial laws of the Sultanate of Oman specifically regarding requirements of SAOG company as per CMA/ MSX/ Taxation guidelines.
Knowledge / Technical Expertise
Problem Solving/ Decision Making
People & Capability Development
Planning & Organisation