About Amazon Payment Services.
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. Amazon Payment Services is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
Amazon payment services seeks a world class Senior Financial Analyst to provide end-to-end financial support to one of our fastest growing business units and a key business partner with Amazon payments commercial team.
Primary responsibilities will include, partnering with Key business partners in the MENA region to streamline effective, forecasting, and variance commentary across the business and identifying paths to improve the overall planning and forecasting process
Drive financial analysis, prepare reports for senior management, develop performance tracking metrics, drive planning and budgeting discipline and deliverables, and ensure financial discipline and compliance. This is a highly visible role within Amazon MENA payments team and a great opportunity for candidates looking for a challenge and a place to shine.
The right individual will have exceptional financial modeling skills, strong communication skills, and solid business acumen. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and possess effective verbal and written communication, and logical reasoning. While this role reports to Head of Finance – APS, he/she is expected to independently lead projects and work directly with the APS business leaders and Finance counterparts.
The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically and manage multiple competing priorities effectively. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment. He/She will help drive the growth of the organization by providing financial stewardship and analytical insights into key financial and operational performance metrics. They will be a strategic partner to the business and assist in evaluating operational processes, business opportunities, and support planning / forecasting. This person must have a passion for detail and the ability to dive deep into the foundational building blocks of the APS Business Development and commercial organization. You will also manage appropriate month-end close processes, risk and opportunity guidance and facilitate financial review meetings with the various business groups. You will also be responsible for building and developing the tools and instrumentation necessary to address business opportunities, push manual processes automation, continuously improve internal controls, and drive relationship building across the organization.
This role requires a self-starter with strong business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and an excellent track record of influencing business partners up to the director level.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop business cases and build models to measure the impact of past initiatives, assess the feasibility of new ideas, and support decision making.
• Prepare financial metrics, financial analysis, and financial reporting
• Manage a global financial and business forecast model and leading short and long term financial planning
• Partner with sales leadership to build a bottoms up operating plan and establish key initiatives to achieve topline and bottom line targets.
• Develop, maintain and enhance finance controllership via models, reports, and processes
• Demonstrate the ability to manage competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• Root cause opportunities for improvement using data, then assisting the Amazon payments services team to take action on your findings
• Deliver analysis and recommendations to enhance sales productivity, accelerate growth, improve processes, identify new key metrics, and communicate best practices.
• Validate and improve controllership functions. This includes but is not limited to reporting accuracy, area training, customer past due balances, private pricing agreements, non-standard discounts or deal terms, and quality of writing.
• Build Strong, trusted relationships with all key business stakeholders (Commercial lead, account management, merchants program manager) to ensure commercial delivers on its finance and business accountabilities
• Be the Finance font-end specialist for deal insights and deal construct.
• Produce month end commentary and analysis on key drivers for topline and bottom line performance, risks and opportunities, and recommendations for improvement.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed and present findings to senior management
– 5+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
– 5+ years of multiple finance and accounting roles experience
– 6+ years of Accounts Receivable or Account Payable experience
– 6+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
– 6+ years of building financial and operational reports/data sets that inform business decision-making experience
– 6+ years of creating process improvements with automation and analysis experience
– 6+ years of participating in continuous improvement projects in your team to scale and improve controllership with measurable results experience
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering, statistics or business, or Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of quantitative role (engineering, process re-engineering, quality assurance) experience
– 6+ years of identifying incomplete or inaccurate data, identifying the root cause and creating/implementing an escalation plan experience
– 6+ years of solving complex business challenges by delivering accurate and timely financial models, analysis, and recommendations that have a proven impact on business (e.g., financial savings, operational improvements, or customer benefits) experience
– MBA, or CPA
– Knowledge of SQL/ETL
– Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
– Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results