Job Description and Qualifications
- Reporting to the Director Finance and Planning of JIGPC.
- Responsible for managing all treasury, banking, and cash management activities on behalf of JIGPC.
- Responsible for managing the JIGPC overall debt portfolio.
- Responsible for forecasting JIGPC’s cash position and updating JIGPC’s overall Finance Plan .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day to day banking relationships with JIGPC banks including new and existing facilities, negotiate all banking services, T&C’s, banking services fees etc. and any new credit facilities (in accordance with the Delegation of Authority).
- Develop and manage the cash forecasting process (weekly/monthly) to ensure JIGPC’s short term liquidity/work capital needs and mid/long term interest/loan repayments are properly managed and controlled.
- Manage and update JIGPC’s Financing Plan (with regular forecasts) which detail the sources (Debt/Equity) and uses of funds (loan principal/interest repayment and dividend policy).
- Manage JIGPC’s 3rd party debt portfolio to ensure all debt covenants and obligations as required under the loan agreements are achieved.
- Manage all JIGPC’s treasury risk management activities including FX exposures for any foreign currency payments and interest rate hedging.
- Develop and manage the investment process to ensure any surplus funds are invested to provide a safe and adequate return to JIGPC.
- Manage the banking authorities, payments signatories, mandates and ensure they comply with the JIGPC Delegation of Authority matrix.
- Identify cost savings and value creation opportunities from Treasury & Banking perspective.
- Manage and direct the Cashier in the day to day duties (including managing the petty cash process and managing all bank statement reconciliations).
- Undertake and lead any ad hoc financial reviews and analysis as and when directed by the Director Finance and Planning.
- Manage JIGPC’s insurance policy including selection and tender process and ongoing policy administration including amendments and renewals. Ensures JIGPC puts in place all the required insurance coverage to meet external legal insurance requirements and any contractual insurance obligations defined in the various agreements including lenders. Monitors JIGPC risk management plan and ensure any appropriate insurance is in place to cover that risk.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to develop and manage strong working relationships across the whole company and with external 3rd parties.
- Experience managing a Treasury Function.
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments.
- Good organization, planning and financial analysis skills and working with minimal supervision.
- Good writing and communication skills, preparing reports to senior management/BOD.
- Experience of using Excel, Word and PowerPoint is beneficial.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a necessity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Finance and Accounting qualification preferred (CPA, ACCA) or a relevant degree in accounting, banking and finance.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Previous experience of treasury management either in a bank or large organization would be beneficial.