Finance Manager | Asset & Liability Management | FP&A | Al Futtaim Automotive | Dubai
About the Role:
This role will support the Senior Financial Controller of Al Futtaim Financial Services and become the key lead in managing the ALM function of the business, managing the relationship with Automotive Divisional FP&A and Group Treasury.
Asset and liability Management
• Implementing an assets and liabilities strategy (gapping) that optimizes the company’s return, in accordance with the ALM Committee guidelines/ recommendations.
• Preparing ongoing assessment of asset & liability mismatches and managing the implementation of required short- and medium-term financing structures
• Develop risk measures, scenario analysis and stress testing and mitigating actions, to ensure all material risks are identified, quantified, managed, and reported.
• Support the management for capital, liquidity, interest rate, and other balance sheet risks via reporting against appetite and modelling forward-looking impacts and solutions.
• Determine the Company’s goals and funding risk and interest rate risk tolerance
• Management and mitigation of Liquidity Risk (including risks emanating from placement of fixed deposits)
• Management and mitigation of Foreign Currency and interest rate Risk
• Preparation of biweekly cash flow of financials services entities for submission into automotive Anaplan system, ensuring necessary alignment with different stakeholders
• Partner with business team to improve liquidity, over deliver budget targets, and actively manage working capital.
• Managing daily cash balances, and surplus cash for other assets
• Deliver insightful analysis of actual and projected capital, liquidity and Funding resources and constraints, to the business.
Policies and Procedures
• Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes related to debt and equity funding
• Support preparation of fiscal records and financial plans, policies, and reports
• Ensure compliance with policies
• Evaluates capital expenditures, investment activities and portfolio management
• Prepare, consolidate, and finalize Strategic Plan & Financial Implications (PL, BS, CF, Medium Term Funding Plan)
• Prepare, consolidate, and finalize Budget & Forecast
• Review and analyse monthly financial results (B/S, P&L and cash flow) and provide key observations / recommendations to Management
• Qualified in Finance or Accounting (CA, CPA, CFA)
• Understanding of forex and treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
• 8 to 10 years of Automotive and or banking experience preferable
• Strong understanding of cash flow concepts / principles and forecasting a must with particular focus on Direct Cash Flow.
• Experience in Managing balance sheet risks and mitigation strategy
• Excellent communication, analytical, written, and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work with global finance teams.
• Understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments
• Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
• Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Strong capabilities in complex financial modelling
• Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
• Strong commercial experience and business understanding
• Knowledge of SAP BPC and Anaplan