The incumbent is responsible for directing and controlling housekeeping/laundry operation and staff of housekeeping/laundry department. Coordinates between employees to inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met. Establish and/or implement operating procedures and standards. Apply human resource management skills such as hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating performance. Assist the management in supervising the hotel’s internal rules and regulations. Complete financial management tasks such as setting and adhering to a budget.
Close co-ordination between Front Office, Engineering, Food and Beverage, Guest Relation, HR.
Responsible for all hotel Housekeeping/Laundry functions, cleaning, guest supplies, linen equipment
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Under general direction, manages the housekeeping and laundry services of the hotel in a manner which will maintain high standards of service and hospitality consistent with the policies and procedure set.
- To plan, organize, motivate and control the housekeeping function necessary to provide guest with top quality.
- General Ensures the overall cleanliness of the hotel, including accurate scheduling of periodical cleaning plans, etc.
- Supervises compliance to hotel rules and regulations and exercises disciplinary measures as needed.
- Conducts hotel inspections.
- Controls, requests and purchases all supplies related to Housekeeping and Laundry as well as the linen and uniforms for all other departments.
- Controls inventories and costs of linen, guest and cleaning supplies, controls Housekeeping equipment.
- Supervises and controls Lost and Found, maintains records
- Works closely with the Front Office and Engineering department to ensure best possible service to maintain flow of clean rooms for re-sale.
- Involves in annual budget.
- Promotes teamwork within the department as well as a sense of fairness.
- Health & Safety: To ensure that all staff in the Housekeeping department knows and understands safety procedures and effective reporting is maintained.
- Ensures all staff has a safe environment within which to work and ensures all staff adopts safe working habits.
- Assists the management in the selection of rooms for partial and complete renovation. Maintains rooms condition records.
- Co-ordinates for stripping all project rooms, co-ordinating of furnishings, completion on time of contractors work to satisfaction of hotel. Setting up and cleaning rooms ready for re-sale.
- To regularly inspect guest rooms, VIP rooms and corridors, lobby, public toilets, etc. to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness.
- To effectively handle all guest complaints concerning the Housekeeping, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer.
- Ensures all housekeeping staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and is in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
- Execution of regular technical/skills training. Is responsible for setting up and maintaining ongoing training programs in the his/her department in conjunction with the Personnel & Training Manager.
- Develop standard procedures for daily activities which will enable employees to develop consistent work habits thus giving identical service to guest every day
- Involve employees in planning thereby encouraging them to use their imagination to find ways of doing the job better
- Supervise the Laundry area and periodically review laundry and valet procedures to maximize efficiency and care of both hotel and guest items
- Maintains a monthly overview of vacation- and public holiday balance of all his/her staff and delivers a monthly consolidated summary to the Personnel Manager.
- Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
- Your experience and skills include:
- Warm and caring personality; previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS