We are looking for an a highly skilled, creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation, Executive Chef to be responsible for creating and planning the menu for a new restaurant, successful management to the restaurant’s kitchen and hiring cooking staff.
The concept is to create a fine dining restaurant that serves high quality, creative and carefully selected dishes from different cuisines (Italian, French, American, Asian….)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating an overall vision and plan for the restaurant
- Designing innovative restaurant menus to suit the theme of the restaurant
- Designing new dishes to fit the menu and keeping customers returning to try new dishes
- Developing menus and item pricing
- Sourcing unique ingredients for the menus, and keeping stock levels fully up-to-date
- Keeping the kitchen fully equipped with all the tools and inventory
- Ensuring that the quality of food is consistently high and that hygiene standards are exceeded
- Organizing, employing, training new staff and motivating staff in the kitchen and on the restaurant floor
- Organizing budgets and finances for the kitchen
- Assisting kitchen staff with food prep and recipe creation
- Purchasing food and supplies from vendors approved by the company
· 2+ years of culinary education.
· 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
· Advanced knowledge of food professional principles and practices.
· Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
· Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.