Electronics Technician -AV Products& Televisions | OMASCO |Oman
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive and do necessary documentation for all warranty and out of warranty repair jobs via job cards allotted.
- Carrying out repairs in a timely manner and provide necessary updates through the system and outside with regards to time of completion and status of the repairs being carried out. Communications with customer in terms of the progress of the repair work needs to be carried out at pre-approved stages as documented in the SOPs.
- Putting together spare part requisitions wherever required to spare parts team for completing the current job cards and for future planning of spares.
- To put together an estimate for carrying out repairs which are out of warranty and accordingly through the service supervisor provide a timely quotation to the customers. Follow up with the customer to confirm the service order for carrying out further repairs.
- To achieve the monthly revenue targets for warranty and out of warranty jobs.
- To ensure closure of the job cards after timely completion of the repair work and initiate necessary invoicing of the same. The job cards need to be closed in line with the timelines prescribed for each product category mentioned in the SOP and as agreed with each customer
- Should obtain customer feedback on all the repair jobs carried out.
- To ensure that the work is completed in terms of highest quality. Minimize the customer returns after service jobs are completed.
- You are required to forecast any specific spare parts requirements to the spare parts team in order to ensure that all your customers are happy
- Should raise alarms whenever you notice a manufacturer related issue in terms of quality/ epidemic failure while repairing a type of products.
- Along with the service supervisor review all open job cards atleast once in a week and highlight issues and remedies to overcome any delays/challenges that may have occurred.
- Attend all training programs prescribed by you team leader or supervisor to continuously enhance your knowledge in respective product categories.
- To abide by all rules, regulations and policies of the organisation while carrying out your professional tasks which may be inside or outside the organisation.
- Job will also involve having to visit customer premises to rectify the equipment.
- A lessons learned document to be filed along with photographs and service reports as part of archiving for future references especially for new products and new service methodogies
Minimum Qualifications ,Experience and Knowledge:
- Vocational certificate/Diploma or Equivalent with essential experience as mentioned below.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in servicing of consumer electronics goods especially in the fiel of AV products and televisions
- Working Knowledge in computers required
- A professional certificate in the field of electronics trouble shooting/servicing/repair or any relevant course is a pre requisite