- Responsible for ensuring the duties of his position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Comply with NOMAC safety rules and regulations.
- Perform all the maintenance activities in the plant in a timely and safe manner with strict adherence to the maintenance procedures and work instructions applicable for the respective activities. Document maintenance concerns/history for the equipment.
- Report to Electrical Supervisor / Engineer for spare parts and consumables required for the activities and update spares availability to cope up with the maintenance requirements.
- Ensure proper isolations are carried out before starting the maintenance activity on the respective equipment released for maintenance in coordination with Electrical Supervisor and local operator.
- Trouble-shoot and diagnose problems and perform maintenance on equipment under his jurisdiction. Should have good knowledge related to electrical drawings, wiring diagrams and protection drawings related to the equipment used in the plant.
- Installs, adjusts, inspects, services and repairs a variety of static and rotating electrical equipment utilized in power and desalination plants.
- Carry out all necessary preparation required for electrical maintenance to equipment /area assigned to him.
- Understand working knowledge of equipment operation and associated operating systems.
- Perform 5S housekeeping in his area of work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Generic awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles.
- Be able to work both in independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces, working at heights and around chemicals.
- Understand, practice and enforce safe work practices related to the following: respiratory protection, elevated work platforms, fall protection, control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tag-out procedure), fire protection systems, electrical safety, confined space entry, PPE etc.
- Knowledge of identification, classification and disposal of waste.
- Knowledge of environmental and health impact of chemicals being used in the plant.
- Knowledge of firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of First aid measures.
- Basic Knowledge on Power/Water plant operational activities.
- Basic computer skills.