Job Description Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Superintendent
- More than (15) years in Project Execution, with a strong background in fabrication, construction and management of large green field construction activities.
- Proven experience with Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) methodology and systems completion management and associated databases.
- Experience with multi-cultural type Projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s in Science or Engineering. (Master’s degree in discipline engineering is an advantage and will require minimum 10 years of proven experience). Technical background as a discipline engineer, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, Construction Superintendent or Construction Manager with solid Project Execution experience
· The position is responsible and accountable for all construction activities pertaining to the scope of EPC from detailed design and engineering through interfaces management, construction/pre-commissioning activities at RLIC Site to hand-over to the Commissioning and Completion Teams in accordance with the Completion Sequence.
· First located at the EPC Contractor Doha offices, for a period of about 12 months, the position shall then relocate permanently to Site to supervise the execution of the fabrication and construction works, ensuring compliance with the approved construction sequence and a flawless transition with the pre-commissioning, then commissioning activities.
· The position reports to the Head of Construction and will have Delegation of Authority when the EPC Construction Division Manager is out of offices. This position will have full delegation to undertake all works, activities and coordination pertaining to construction.
· The position shall interact daily with its counterpart at ESW/EPC Contractor on the premise that both COMPANY and EPC Contractor have “mirror” organizations.
· The position includes a close coordination and interaction with the Head of Construction, the Construction Division Manager, the Area Division Manager(s), the engineering, interfaces, quality, procurement, commissioning, completion, and operations Division Managers for key activities such as: 3D Model Reviews, Constructability Reviews, Construction Sequence Reviews, Completion Sequence, Advanced Work Packaging.
· The position includes a close coordination and interaction with the Head of Planning or Planning and Schedule Specialist(s) in order to keep control on the schedule and key Project and Progress Milestones.
· The position includes the review, comment and approval of all construction related deliverables submitted by the EPC Contractor.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.