Huawei EHS, Promoting a Safe Working Environment: Ensuring the well-being of our employees, as well as those of our partners, is a key focus for Huawei, which is why we implemented the Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) management system, based on ISO 14001 and ISO 45001. With a framework developed at the corporate level serving as the foundation, each business unit has implemented its own policy according to independent requirements and activities.
During the implementation of the EHS management system — based on the Plan-Do-Check-Action (PDCA) model — each business unit considered all aspects of its environment (both internal and external), local laws and regulations, as well as the requirements of relevant governments, customers, employees, and other third parties.
The success of an EHS management system largely depends on commitment and engagement at the leadership level in every organization. Managers should first clarify EHS objectives, lead by example, and assume responsibility for EHS performance results, including:
- Organization: Specify the EHS management department or designate EHS management individuals.
- Processes: Release clear processes and management rules, defined by EHS laws and regulations of the country where the offices are located, and supervise compliance.
- Resource provision: Ensure the availability of all required EHS tools, equipment, and other resources.
- Enablement supervision and checks: Supervise the training and enablement of employees by carrying out regular internal checks, holding those that violate the regulations (including third parties) accountably, and making adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure that EHS management responsibilities of third parties are being fulfilled.
While safety first is the key priority, there is also a strong focus on environmental protection and employee care.
As a world-leading company in the ICT industry, Huawei not only strives to provide world-class technology and services, but also actively maintains a social responsibility to protect the environment, care for employee wellbeing, and offer a safe and friendly working environment. Therefore, we adhere to the following promises:
- Cover all business domains of the company in our EHS management system, and meet or exceed all requirements of related EHS laws and regulations.
- Continuously evaluate and improve our EHS objectives, conduct regular internal audits and management reviews, and continuously monitor and improve EHS performance.
- Introduce green EHS concepts to design, production, procurement, and business operations procedures, to systematically identify and control potential environmental risks and hazards, and to prevent environmental pollution, occupational diseases, and work-related injuries.
- Make the implementation of established EHS standards a priority at the leadership level, to ensure the health and safety of employees and partners alike, and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Respect employees, pay close attention to their occupational health and protect their rights and interests.
- Continuously cultivate a corporate culture that focuses on EHS and improves employees’ sense of EHS responsibility.
- Maintaining the continuity of IT operations and communications for citizens is a goal that Huawei strives to achieve. Therefore, we provide on-site support services for emergency network deployment and recovery, requiring employees and partners to occasionally perform network deployment in hazardous situations.
- Check All EHS related tools, availability, condition, and approved standards,
- Required certificates availability and validity,
- Check Mental and physically team condition,
- Team behavior about EHS, about work,
- Check team Quality of work,
- Preparing report against any deficiencies, violations and share to EHS manager.
- Visit Random Site and create QA task and perform it and close it in ISDP.
- Monitor remotely and Physically QEHS rules and regulations to be followed by field teams,
- Prepare reports which are received from the EHS team and by the system through OBD and ISDP,
- Physically, arrange weekly/by weekly/monthly visits by himself and by Implementation team including GM and all operation team
- Attend meetings with Customers, also arrange internal meetings to be discussed with management regarding EHS
- Create internal reward and punishment rules for team members,
- Keep complete team tracker and follow up regularly to avoid any certifications expired.
- Bachelor’s degree in any related discipline.
- Proficient in MS Office including Microsoft Project.