- Electrodes including their types and numbers and their roles and importance, and how to apply.
- Types of electrode connections and electrode placement and design of montages.
- General aspects of the EEG machine, characteristics of the input circuit and characteristics of the recording system.
- General idea about Brain Anatomy and Physiology.
- Knowledge of the effect of eye-opening, flickering light, Hypoxia, Hyperventilation, Hypoglycaemia and the effect of any abnormal movement.
- Knowledge about normal and abnormal rhythm.
- Knowledge about artifacts and its sources.
- Knowledge about the effect of provocative techniques.
- Able to give information to the patient and their relatives and parents of pediatric patients about EEG procedures and what to do before and during EEG procedures.
- Knowledge of the importance of the items which must be filled in the EEG application form.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication skills
Education:Electroencephalogram / تخطيط دماغ