Financial Markets International, Inc. (FMI), the Implementing Partner for the USAID Business Growth Activity, is now seeking an SMEs Business Manager for the Activity.
The USAID Business Growth Activity will enable Jordan’s small and medium enterprises to improve their productivity and competitiveness, create new jobs and innovations within a range of sectors, and advance Jordan towards a more prosperous, resilient, and inclusive future. Through a series of evidence-based interventions, the Business Growth Activity will support these enterprises with direct firm-level assistance and broad-based capacity building programs to mobilize millions in capital, and address constraints through advocacy and public-private dialogue that complements USAID’s policy reform initiatives. The activity strives to allow growth-oriented small and medium enterprises to reach new markets and buyers, increase collaboration along value chains, and improve efficiency and quality to meet demand. The activity will empower these enterprises to access tailored and competitively priced debt, equity, and new hybrid financial products to operate within a more responsive business environment better informed by public-private dialogue and advocacy. This will allow small and medium enterprises to engage women, youth, and persons with disabilities, and increase sales, exports, and broad-based job creation
The Driver/Expediter supports program activities by providing transportation, security and administrative support. As such, the employee is requested to maintain good professional conduct and appearance and observe confidentiality in daily duties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The employee will perform related responsibilities as required, and be responsible for, but not limited to, the tasks detailed hereunder:
· Maintaining project vehicle log in accordance with USAID rules and regulations on the matter.
· Ensuring proper and regular maintenance of the project vehicle and proper functioning of its accessories in addition to ensuring the car remains clean, in excellent condition, mechanically and otherwise.
· Responsible for vehicle fueling through account cards and maintenance of a sufficient fuel level at all times.
· Provide chauffeur services to project staff, consultants, and others, as requested.
· Provide messenger and delivery/pickup services.
· Provide copying & binding services.
· Liaise and expedite any matters with all local government & non-government entities on all issues related to customs clearance, residency permits, project vehicles licensing, etc.
· Supervise maintenance service providers during their existence in the project premises.
· Assist with office & equipment maintenance needs.
· Perform office errands.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position.
- High school Diploma is preferred.
- Knowledge of processes of matters related to customs clearance, residency permits, project vehicles licensing, etc. involving official governmental entities is a plus.
- Previous experience with international NGOs or organizations is preferred.
- Clear non-conviction record
- Valid driving license
Duration of Assignment:
Immediate hiring for a one year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance. The duration of the USAID Business Growth Activity is 5 years, effective September 2021.
Only the most qualified and suitable candidates will be invited to interviews. No phone calls will be accepted to inquire about the position.