For an agricultural Company based in Saudi Arabia that has a sniffing dog center for early detection of insects, we need a Dog trainer to supervise the center.
Job description and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate:
- Has previous experience of at least 5 years in handling and training dog detectors preferably insect-detection dogs.
- Is organized and timely
- Accepts feedback willingly and works to improve based on feedback
- Has excellent dog handling skills with at least 5 years of dog training experience. Demonstrated expertise in the use of corrective and communication tools as part of their training methods. This includes but is not limited to: slip leads, martingale collars, e-collars, prong /starmark collars, clickers, aerosol pet correctors, crates etc.
- Has a strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ready to daily follow up the work of the dogs handlers in the farms of the Company.
- Is comfortable speaking and teaching dog handlers. Has clear and compassionate communication style.
- Has an understanding of various dog training theories including four quadrant balanced training, and an interest in or already developed technique in a niche area of dog training (example: agility, scent work, therapy dog training etc)
- Has experience with therapy and service dog programs, and aggression rehabilitation training.
- Must strictly adhere to all safety and equipment protocols established by the company
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with the production Department of the Company to better contribute to early detection of the insect.
- Able to make the training of dog handlers team to appropriately assess a dog’s behavioral needs, and create a comprehensive training plan based on each individual animal and family
- Is able to address complex behavioral issues and goals with notable success and consistency
- Is knowledgeable in dog basic first aid and supplements.
- Has previous experience in managing dog handlers
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Dog Center and oversee its proper sanitization .
- Able to work on dog intensive rehabilitation programs to achieve training goals
- Collaborate with the management team to develop company documents
- Additional duties may be assigned as position grows and evolves
- Report to the company owners regarding any personnel issues, scheduling difficulties, or other extenuating circumstances
- Supervise the service and therapy dog training programs and act as the primary service and therapy dog trainer.
- Set up protocols for aggression risk dogs both for training and daily home-based services
- Review and update handler safety and equipment protocols for daily services as needed
- Provide emergency technical assistance and on-site relief
- Create written and visual materials for the trainings.