The Document Controller shall be responsible in the integrity and accuracy of the Section/Department’s papers and documents in order to facilitate easy retrieval, management and referencing thereof.
- Keeps custody of document files and ensures that they are complete either in hard or electronic copies.
- Assists in audit procedures as required from time to time.
- Maintains a database of files and related documents and keeps them updated.
- Assists in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of new electronic document management systems, if required.
- Identify and classify documents or other electronic content according to characteristics such as security level, function, and metadata
- Facilitates easy access to hard and electronic copies of documents.
- Implement document management policies and SOPs to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic contents.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other employees in the section/department or end users thereof.
- Search electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
- Keep abreast of developments in document management technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Retrieve electronic assets from repository for distribution to users, collecting and returning to repository, if necessary.
- Develop, document, or maintain standards, best practices, or system usage procedures.
- Implement scanning or other automated data entry procedures, using imaging devices and document imaging software.
- Administer document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of master documents
- Propose recommendations for improving content management system capabilities.
- Collects and inputs date and information in reports as required.
- High School graduate
- 2 year diploma holder is preferred
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience as Document Controller, Clerk or Office Assistant in a reputable company.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Quality and Customer Focused
- Deliver results
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Knowledge of document management system
- Excellent filing and coding of documents and files
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Average typing speed i.e. 45 wpm.