What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supervises employees responsible for the flow and storage of all project documentation (correspondence, contracts, construction documents, engineering, schedules, etc.) between all the client’s stakeholders, consultants, project operations, engineering disciplines, construction teams, and other related support groups.
- Working daily in Aconex, and other PMIS systems
- Implements document/data management solutions with a primary focus on document control and records management. Administers data/document management applications.
- Processes one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines (may be required to assist in the development of these procedures and guidelines for multiple stakeholders).
- Ensures that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used; how many and which signatures will be required for certain approvals, etc.) are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project.
- Receives, tracks, and monitors documents using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produces logs, transmittals, and other reports as required. Enters data and produces reports using other standard office automation or department-specific computer applications. Initiates and replies to routine correspondence related to area of responsibility.
- Provides assistance to users in capturing and locating electronic information.
- Maintains an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements. May revise system or schedule as required to ensure timely approvals and distribution. Expedites review, signature approval, and release of supplier and internally produced documents.
- Verifies retention requirements, arranges document cataloging, packing, and long-term storage or disposal of appropriate documents at time of closeout. Manages scheduled destruction of archived documents according to company and/or Client guidelines; provides assistance with document retrieval.
- Required to manage up to 1-2 other document control employees
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 10 years of overall experience; 3 years in the UAE (preference given to Abu Dhabi experience); and 3 years of which as Document Control Manager/Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Microsoft and/or Oracle Certifications (could potentially wave if
- Ability to interact effectively with project personnel and management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, MS Office 360; SharePoint; MS Teams, and etc.
- Advanced knowledge of electronic document management systems, specifically Aconex, with an ability to architect and oversee implementation such systems.
- 3+ years working in Aconex – Strong Proficiency required
- MS Office 360 – Intermediary Skills
- MS Power BI – Beginner Skills
- 1-2 years working in a Project Management Consultancy (PMC)
- Experience Setting up and closing out projects in Aconex.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- PMWeb User Experience
- MS Power BI Intermediary Experience
- Experience developing document control processes and procedures
- Effective Communication Skills in English (as position is client facing)
- A Positive “Can-Do” attitude