Our client is one of the leading, fast-growing fast-food restaurant chains in the UAE. They are looking for a Director of Global Supply Chain to join their team.
The Supply Chain Director ensures the quality and efficiency of the restaurant’s global supply chain across all territories that they operate in as well as those the brand will expand to. The Director is responsible to serve as the focal point for the restaurant’s operations (procurement, order fulfilment, logistics, and freight) for all product portfolios. The Director is also responsible for the performance of the units including external and internal key performance indicators (KPIs). It is the responsibility of the Director to ensure performance meets the restaurant and client’s strategy, requirements, and policies.
- Support company to define and implement strategies and objectives, providing quality and timely service to all clients.
- Assist the company in matters pertaining to procurement and logistics operations activities, including strategic, tactical, business development and personnel.
- Organize, lead, and manage the Purchasing and Logistics team in full accordance with the company policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Provide management and oversight of project KPIs via the performance management unit.
- Lead the identification of continuous improvement processes and opportunities and ensure timely implementation within the Operations team and in coordination with other teams (i.e. finance and IT), including adequate tools and systems.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities across supply chain operations.
- Act as a key liaison with clients on procurement, fulfilment, logistics, and freight-related issues.
- Oversee and work toward improvement of fulfilment processes and adherence to client general procurement guidelines and policy.
- Oversee and work towards the improvement of supplier performance.
- Oversee and work toward improvement of transportation routes and load management.
- Contribute to the company’s market intelligence.
- Provide regular progress and status reports to the CEO, COO and other members of the leadership team as needed.
- Approve commodity purchase orders placed with suppliers within the authorized dollar value threshold.
- Represent the company supply chain operations to clients and partners, including vendor meetings regarding general operational issues and meetings regarding general freight and logistics issues.
- Proactively lead and empower the Procurement and Logistics team to encourage operational excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure Operations’ staff use high-quality communications with clients, vendors, and principal recipients.
- Participate/lead in regular team meetings, as required.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of and/or generation and distribution of project reports and other communication as required.
- Develop a supply chain team in line with the company’s global growth.