The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of your Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, manning costs and profitability.
2. Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
3. Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
4. Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
5. Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
6. Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
7. Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
8. Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
9. Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
10. Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
11. To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
12. To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners.
13. Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
14. Maintenance of Hotel credit policies.
15. Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
16. Evaluation forms must accompany all invoices.
17. Gather for large events, oversee for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers. They are required 3 business days in advance of functions.
18. Completion of monthly forecast.
19. Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
20. To assist in menu planning and pricing.
21. Development and maintenance of department manual.
22. Supervision of weekly payroll input.
23. Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
24. Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
25. All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
26. Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
27. Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
28. Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
29. Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
30. Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while :a. Maintaining a labour cost below the maximum of 15%. b. Assuring adequate and consistent
31. Completion of monthly inventory.
32. Assure timely completion of function bills.
33. Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.
34. Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.
35. Directly responsible for larger groups…overseeing medium and smaller groups:
36. Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
37. Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
38. Quality of meeting room set-up.
39. Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
40. Work with the Chef, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
41. Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
42. Minimize number of customer complaints.
43. Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
44. Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company appearance and uniform standards.
45. Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
46. Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
47. Meeting with convenors and confirming proper set-up of Function Room at time of Function while on duty.
48. Responsible for staff training and development.
49. Ensure all staff have ‘Smart Serve’ certification.
50. Personnel selection.
51. Proper hiring procedures followed. For management positions, either the HR Manager or the Asst. General Manager must join the Director of Food & Beverage for all interviews. For line personnel, the Assistant to the Director of Food & Beverage must be present with the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
52. Proper termination procedures must be followed.
53. Department meeting being held monthly. General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Human Resources Manager to be notified of meetings in a timely fashion.
54. High employee retention.
55. Personal development and growth.
56. Discipline of personnel when required.
57. Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
58. Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
59. Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
60. Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed.
61. Minimize the number of Workmen’s Compensation claims.
62. Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
Post Graduate or Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent.
Previous experience with minimum of 5 years’ experience in 5 star hotels as Food & Beverage on same role. Proven track records.