A world renowned Developer is seeking to recruit a highly experienced Development Director to head up a key island project. The Development Director is responsible for managing the development of assets on the island and associated Islands, from project inception to delivery and handover/occupation, with particular emphasis on maximizing return on invested capital and operating profitability, including management of cashflow, through close coordination with Company Finance and all Company Sectors and Departments.
In addition to working closely with the Urban Planning (UP), Finance and Development teams to review and endorse concept strategy, development program and business case for “the Island”, the Development Director shall lead, direct and manage the development of strategies and development programs for the island and associated Islands including targets for asset classes (quantum, mix, quality, price points, etc.), market assessments, socio economics value creation strategies, phasing, marketing strategies and investor attraction.
The Development Director shall also collaborate with colleague leaders across the Proponent, Sector and Department teams to enhance culture of development excellence and elevate the quality of built assets, to deliver the Company vision on time, on budget and to the highest international standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Report to the Proponent ED and manage, co-ordinate and direct all aspects of asset development.
• Lead, coordinate and oversee Real Estate development, planning, and finance, including any proposed Public/Private Partnerships (PPP’s).
• Capitalize on extensive knowledge and experience of concept strategies, development programs and business cases to review and recommend endorsement of all stages of project proposal before proceeding to master planning phases.
• Collaborate closely and work in conjunction with the other Sector heads , to define master plan and agree the infrastructure assets required for, and to be delivered, in the regions thereon.
• Identify and define strategy for delivery of the phasing and the development strategy, in coordination with all required company Sectors and Departments.
• Ensure business cases are executed and delivered to the best interests, and financial benefit, of the company and manage stakeholder relationships at all levels, particularly any joint venture stakeholders.
• Identify regulatory requirements and ensure corporate governance required to operate in the identified framework.
• Oversee, lead and mentor direct and outsourced completion of all aspects of the development process including legal framework, contract negotiations, procurement, consultant/contractor appointment and project execution.
• Ensure all technical procedures adapted meet with approved Company corporate operational objectives.
• Oversee direct reports to actively implement risk mitigation measures to ensure business cases are secured to meet profit and turnover targets.
• Manage direct reports to ensure that feasibility, program, design, technical, quality and leasing specifications of projects are achieved through to completion and handover.
• Provide regular feedback with regard to Business Plans, including project status, risk and approved feasibility hurdle rates to the Executive Director.
• Coordinate and organize all development disciplines, with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions to deliver completed projects in accordance with approved business case objectives.
• Prepare RFP and other procurement plans for the delivery of the assets, as required.
• Manage interfaces between various Company entities to ensure strict adherence to the agreed delivery schedules and develop contingency recovery schedule, as and when required.