The Solution Design Manager provides expert knowledge, designing and leading the implementation of a solution and the application architecture (e.g. for a particular platform/business capability/user journey) according to the overall vision and target architecture. The Solution Design Manager focusses upon the supervision of a team who conduct technical analysis enabling the translation of the technical vision into a holistic solution design of future capabilities and features, including external dependencies, cross-domain integrations (APIs), and technical enablers / stories.Typically reports to the Senior Solution Design Manager.
* Assists and advises on the target architecture vision and roadmap, evaluating and prioritizing roadmap items and translating them into designs, changes and non-functional requirements;
* Has full people supervisory responsibility for a team of solution design professionals and contributes to team designing end-to-end solutions and cross domain integration and APIs in support of the technology roadmap;
* Contributes to facilitating solution compliance to security, privacy, and regulatory needs;
* Helps to provide input and support to release planning;
* Advocates the adoption of new technologies into solutions;
* Works effectively with the team defining non-functional, operational, security and quality requirements for solutions;
* Maintains solid relations with engineering and delivery teams to ensure the development of technical stories are aligned to defined architecture principles and patterns;
* Uses best practice knowledge to define technical stories to enable business capabilities, fostering re-use of existing components and accepts technical features following demos;
* Understands the needs and ensures that all relevant technical functions (e.g. architects, developers and operations) are involved during the definition and impact of the solution and facilitates interactions.
MicroServices and APIs
Architecture and Design
Leading Organisation Culture and Change
System, Service and Solution Development