- Experience with similar product portfolio, values used in the Oil & Gas/Energy sectors e.g. Butterfly valves, Ball valves, Gate valves, Check valves, Globe valves, DEP Valves, NL Plug valves and rising steam ball vales.
- Proven track record developing strategic partnerships with international OEM partners and/or knowledge of them. The goal for SMI is to attract international partners to provide technical know-how and use SMI as a local manufacturer. Long-term goals could be JVs.
- This will require someone with strong strategic partnership abilities. The ability to identify appropriate partners or convert potential existing partners.
- Ability to assess and present product portfolio improvements based on the local market trends and client needs.
- Solid background working in similar role and exposure to similar O&G clients – someone that can provide examples of experience managing a similar product portfolio and servicing similar clients. e.g. Butterfly valves, Ball valves, Gate valves, Check valves, Globe valves, DEP Valves, NL Plug valves and rising steam ball vales.
- Strong Sales & Business Development experience – ability to provide strong examples of relevant sales and business development experience.
- Strategy Development skills – Strategic thinker, someone that can develop a strategic plan for the business unit. Assess current department status vs company goals and implement strategic plans to meet business expectations.
- Leadership skills and experience – candidates must demonstrate previous experience and a successful track record of leadership ability both in man-management and the ability to build and lead a BU successfully.
- 10 – 12 years of experience in similar roles.