To monitor and assess daily site costs for direct and indirect resources and compare them to budgets.
- Establish cumulative costs for labor, plant, material, subcontract, and indirect.
- Establish and monitor ongoing costs for labor, plant, material, subcontract and indirect.
- Monitor progress and outputs on site and compare to expected/ budget outputs.
- Monitor and value subcontract progress and contra charges and assist in evaluating subcontract work.
- Compile material comparison sheets comparing actual to expected. Carry out measures prior to specific work commencement and compare them to actual.
- Identify areas of poor performance on site and identify causes and provide solutions.
- Ensure work practices are in accordance with budget assumptions and strategy.
- Input data to the company cost control system to allow for reporting.
- Provide timely information for inclusion in monthly cost/ value reports.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed budgets.
- Liaise with QA/QC regarding the quality of work and monitor defective work.
- Provide detailed information to QS’s department for progress on site for inclusion in monthly valuations.
- Degree/ Diploma in Quantity Surveying/ Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Knowledge method of measurements costs control systems etc.
- With excellent communication and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to interpret and understand drawings, specifications, Bills of quantities and estimates.
- Excellent computer skills ability to deal with subcontractors/ suppliers. Implementations of the company’s procedures. Ability to work within a team structure and be self-motivated.